18 Feb 2005

Aero India 2005

Trip cancelled. However, I made it to the Aero India show. Here are some snaps from there.

The show began with an awesome display by the Sarang helicopters. They stood my assumption about helicopters and their skills on its head.


An Mi-8, part of the Sarang team Posted by Hello


The Sarangs display Posted by Hello

The show ended with the Suryakiran display which was spectacular.


Suryakirans - 1 Posted by Hello


Suryakirans - 2 Posted by Hello


Suryakirans - 3 Posted by Hello


Suryakirans -4 Posted by Hello

What about the middle? I'll have more on that in 2007 when the next show is scheduled - IF I do get a zoom lens of sufficient power by then :-) To recap quickly - there was the British Hawk blowing smoke rings up above. And the Sukhoi which was the most eagerly awaited; it amazed everyone. The little Hansa was also there - but it made little noise which I mean literally. Of course, our own LCA was there too.

The crowd was appreciative and the pilots obliging. One could almost say there was love in the air. See the next one if you don't believe me.


Love was in the air Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment