15 May 2005

A Clarification

Got a mail in response to this post - apparently I'd not made myself clear. So here goes (from my reply):
My criticism ... was entirely directed towards TOI. TOI is supposed to be a 'news'paper. My grouse was (and is) that they should (and don't) take more care about their 'news' being accurate. They can't just trawl the net for news without verifying if the news is true. (On the other hand) I wouldn't expect an individual who posts on an online forum in good faith to be a 100% accurate - especially if we are talking movies and any harm resulting from the post would be near zero.
Why not? That is not the individual's job (presumably). Nor would he have the time (presumably) or the resources (presumably) to verify the facts. And he is not asking the reader to believe him is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment